Extensive Screening & Industry-Leading Background Checks
Our business is only as strong as our reputation, and our
reputation rests solely on your satisfaction. That’s why all candidates
undergo an extensive screening process, beginning with a phone interview
to determine if they meet minimum candidate requirements (see below).
If they do, Wee Care invites the candidate to our office for a face-to-face
interview and evaluation for placement. Every
candidate must complete and sign a detailed application for a nanny or
domestic placement. We ask probing questions about work habits, character,
reputation and more--all the things that are important to you--and we
let candidates know we verify all professional references.
Once you have shown serious interest in a potential employee
that you have interviewed, we furnish you with his/her work references.
This allows you to ask former employers any specific questions you have,
at your convenience. We conduct a detailed background check of all candidates
selected for a position, including but not limited to:
- Authentication of professional references
- Social Security Number verification for identity authentication and to obtain former names and addresses
- National Sex Offender Registry search
- Department of Corrections check
- Department of Motor Vehicle search
- National Criminal Check (also known as the Multi-State Criminal Check)
- Statewide and/or county felony and misdemeanor criminal background checks
This takes place before your new nanny or domestic worker even begins
her very first day with you. A copy of the background report can be furnished
at your request. In short, our extensive screening process and background
checks equals peace of mind for you and your family.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Proof of eligibility to work legally in the U.S.
- Professional domestic references. We verify and cross check each
reference by phone, and we always share all comments with you.
- At least two years of recent nanny or domestic experience
- Fluency in English
- Non-smoker (for nanny positions).
- CPR certification (for nanny positions) or willingness to become
- At least 21 years of age
- Authorization of an extensive background check, which includes,
but is not limited to, searching court records and running DMV/criminal