On-Call Nannies--For Members and Non-Members
Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you need care fast. Wee Care Sitters can provide
experienced, qualified, nurturing sitters and other domestic household help for a few hours
to get you through a crunch or simply give you a break. Rest assured that we use only our
experienced nannies to fill any temporary babysitting positions. The philosophy behind this
is simple - our professional nannies make the best sitters. Our temporary nannies are either
supplementing their current full-time nanny position, interviewing for a permanent nanny
position, or filling in prior to starting a new position.
On-call nannies are available for daycare closures, sick children, fill-in for an absent nanny,
date night or any other temporary coverage need. Our temporary nannies can be booked for a day, an
evening, or an overnight, with a four-hour minimum.
Joining Wee Care Sitters
Becoming a member of Wee Care Sitters for a yearly fee of $199 means you will get a number of exclusive benefits unavailable to non-members.
For starters, you will be able to use our temporary nanny service. If a job change, illness or other family situation means you need help for
anywhere from a week to a few months, we have got you covered (see Temporary Nannies). And while all of our temporary nannies are excellent,
your children may have developed a special bond with one particular caregiver we have sent to you in the past. As a Wee Care Sitters member,
you will be able to request that favorite person specifically.
If your needs are less child focused, Wee Care Sitters also offers temporary companions, house cleaners, party servers and housekeepers.
Think of us when you host your next event!
an annual member of Wee Care Sitters ($199), you’ll pay:
- Daily booking fee: $18* per day for up to four hours of help, or
$25 per day if needed over four hours
- Overnight care booking fee (dinner to breakfast): $30
- Round the clock (24-hour period) booking fee: $35
- Holiday booking fee: $10 additional charge
*Emergency booking fee: additional $10 if less than 24 hours' notice.
Additional Benefits of Membership in Wee Care Sitters:
As a non-member, you’ll pay:
- If a member decides to hire their current temporary nanny on a permanent basis, Wee Care will credit all booking fees paid for the temporary nanny toward the long-term placement fee.
- Priority status over non-members when you need temporary coverage.
- Access to on-call Placement Manager for emergency coverage.
- Ability to request specific Nannies.
- On-going temporary placements (same nanny on a set schedule for 1 week - 4 months or longer.)
- Reduced rate on daily booking fee for all temporary providers including- nannies, sitters, companions, party servers, and cleaners.
- Daily booking fee: $50 per day
- Overnight care booking fee (dinner to breakfast): $55
- Round the clock (24 hour period) booking fee: $60
- Holiday booking fee: $15 additional
*Emergency booking fee: additional $15 if less than 24 hours' notice.
Booking fees are due when a booking has been confirmed with a specific
provider, and they are nonrefundable. If you cancel with less than 48
hours notice, you will also be billed the four-hour minimum.
What can I expect to pay my on-call nanny?
The rates nannies charge will vary based on the nanny's experience, education, job details and number of children to be cared for.
Generally, professional nannies earn between $20 and $25 per hour for temporary childcare. Overnight nannies (dinner to breakfast)
generally earn between $200 and $300 per calendar day. The family is responsible for paying the on-call nanny at the end of her service.