- Get outside and enjoy the snowy day. Get dressed warm and build a snowman, make snow angels or create snow art in the backyard. Fill some cups with food coloring or dish washing soap and let the children’s creativity run wild. Fruits and vegetables make for great snowman body parts. And now you have a partially edible healthy snowman. Don’t forget the hot chocolate when they come back inside.
- Play some board games like Payday, Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders or Candyland. Teach the children to play checkers or really challenge them and teach them to play chess. Chess is a great way for children to learn about planning, foresight and logical thinking.
- “Marathon” story time day. Ask the children to pick out a few of their favorite books and read to them. You can role play and let them act out some of their favorite stories, dress up as their favorite characters and act out the story or have a fashion show.
- Build a fort inside from the couch pillows and blankets. Then from inside your fort watch an age appropriate classic kids’ movie like Nemo, Willy Wonka, Superman or the Karate Kid.
- Bake together. Break out the chocolate chips and make some delicious cookies or cupcakes.
- Have an old fashioned scavenger hunt. Make a list of odd items around the house to find, and set the kids loose. Naturally, make sure they don’t get into anything they shouldn’t.
- Make a play date with a child from the neighborhood and have them join the fun in any of the activities above.
Most importantly, be safe and ENJOY!
Posted by Wee Care Nanny Agency