We all know that tickets for speeding or passing a stop sign can result in costly fines, but the rise in your insurance premiums can be even more painful. According to a recent national study, below is the average of how much your car insurance rises per infraction: Read here
- DUI — 93 percent.
- Reckless driving — 82 percent.
- Careless driving — 27 percent.
- Speeding 1 to 15 mph over the limit — 21 percent. Speeding 16 to 30 mph over the limit — 28 percent.
Speeding 31+ mph over the limit — 30 percent.
- Failure to stop — 19 percent.
- Failure to yield to pedestrians — 19 percent.
- Driving in a carpool lane — 18 percent.
The bottom line: driving carefully and obeying all traffic rules is important for safety and your pocketbook!
Posted by Wee Care Nanny Agency